*

*

Monday, September 17, 2012

A GOOD PRODUCTIVE DAY

I started to title this post Don’t Leave me Just Yet lol! I’ve been soooo busy with family, church activities & first one thing & another, the sewing room has been neglected along with much needed ongoing projects I finally finished my chicken print apron ohhh it’s so cute lol!

crafting16

love love love the polka dots I choose for the trim & the rufflecrafting17I’ve been organizing fabric & well lets just say there’s no end to the fabric so there’ll be other ways to display it for sure lol, anyways , I seen on pinterst where you fold fabric with a quilting ruler to make it flatter, taking up less space ,so I began to give this a try, how cute is that, each of these are a good 1 –1& 1/2 yds

crafting1

  fold your fabric on the wide end 

crafting3

lay your ruler on the edge

crafting4

proceed to fold

crafting5

the  slide ruler out the end & fold in half 

crafting6

fold in half again & add to  your stack

 crafting8crafting9

fabrics that have been cut can also be folded this way crafting10

 crafting11crafting12

what about small pieces

crafting13

they work too! crafting14they will be smaller when folded in half but looks great in a basket or scrapbook bin , whatever you wish to display them in  crafting15how cute & neat do they look on the shelf

crafting20I have way way too much fabric to try to do this  method in one day lol!so I ended playing in the fabrics with the scraps, what to do with those scrapes? why add them to my 2 & 1/2 inch square collection lol!

crafting18

crafting19now to organize some lace & catch up on my quilt challenges

2012 Finish-A-Long

on the road again in the morning,to Mississippi with my pastors wife, we will be going to her sisters to check out the church  her daughter will be getting married in this Nov. to take pictures, measure pews  & all the fun stuff that goes with preparing to set up a wedding, I have  a lot more to show you  what’s happening in the sewing room, so hang in there with me lol!

I’m linking this post to

SEW CUTE TUESDAY

http://thecreativeitchboutique.blogspot.com/2012/09/sew-cute-tuesday-91812.html

http://threadingmyway.blogspot.com/2012/02/threading-your-way-aprons-and-art.html

4 comments:

Pam @Threading My Way said...

The two fabrics you've used look so good together!!! I love polka dots. A great apron. Great tips for storing fabrics, too.

blissfulsewing said...

I love to see craft ideas from other bloggers, always so inspiring!
www.blissfulsewing.blogspot.com

Maurine Huffines said...

WHAT A GREAT POST...YOU ARE GETTING SO GOOD..
STUDENT TURNED TEACHER.. lol
MAURINE

Misty @Creative Itch said...

Love how your apron turned out!

Thanks for sharing @'Sew Cute Tuesday'!