*

*

Monday, January 9, 2012

2012 FINISH-A-LONG UPDATE

2012 Finish-A-Long

have you been working on your projects for the 2012 finish-along challenge hosted by  Quilter In The Gap

http://gapquilter.blogspot.com/p/2012-finish-long.html

back when I started this quilt, my Aunt & me started it on  her quilting frame which she passed on  to me a few years ago it was over 100 years old, I kept it stored in my shop which the tornado got hold of, we’ve not been able to get into to it to see how much can be salvaged so I had this quilting hoop, which I’m not sure I’m going to like very much LOL

quilt02my sweet little Aunt is  strong believer in doing things the good ole  ways,  as in hand stitching,like when I would try to show her how now you can sew strips then waa laa a nine patch, no mam! she’d say, if it calls for 1” squares then that’s what we’re gonna cut LOL, I shifted the hoops around & managed to get 2 blocks inside it

quilt03 I have a new quilting /sewing machine but when she ask did I make it by hand , like I taught you I want to be able to say yes mam! I sur did! lol if the hoop & me doesn’t get along I guess I’ll be holding the quilt in my lap & hope for the best lol

for the After Christmas Sew Along I will be working on some aprons, sewing is at a stand still today as I’m having to get the house ready for an electrician to come in tomorrow

HAPPY SEWING!

saf0031

No comments: