*

*

Monday, February 20, 2012

IDEALS ARE WELCOME

woman-sewing-quilt_~saf0028

there are so many ideals racing through my head for the sewing room, do I tone down the screaming yellow walls or poof be gone all together, I know what you’re thinking, JUST DO IT ALLREADY!ROFLMBO well I am, I really am!I’ve got enough pins on pinterest I should be able to jump in on something! I came across a neat site that had  great tips on getting that sewing room going lol things we already know but need a refresher in our thinking possess like surround yourself with beautiful things, I get that! but I love the prim look & I love the shabby chic look & I love the vintage whites & browns look soo how do I choose draw names outta of hat? lOl!I know I wantta surround myself with my fabrics, quilts,books, aprons,pillows collections etc.

*keep it organized, I wantta say goodbye to the Rubbermaid drawer thingeys & hello to beautiful jars, crocks, hat boxes etc.

*be comfortable I want to incorporate  a sewing area separate from the work are, a mending area like the chair in front of a shutter or antique door ( I have both)in the corner for hemming, reading sipping tea etc.

*minimize distractions, sorry TV, you’re out! lol!

this is just a few things to ponder, in the meantime I’m working on getting the ladies from church together to start sewing pillowcase dress's for Africa http://www.littledressesforafrica.org/blog/ 

I’ve made pillowcases for my grand daughters, I’ve helped my youngest make the twins a birthday outfit for their upcoming 4th birthday

I know you guys are picture orientedROFLMBO so I’ll get pictures ASAP , the other day  well Thur in fact I had a cap fall right outta my head lol hopefully my dentist can glue it back in ohhhh how I hope so !that’s what I’m dealing with this week

No comments: